The bedroom is another important room in the house where you spend most of the time. When working with an interior design a majority of people focus on the bathroom or kitchen. It’s very normal, considering the significance of these spaces in the house. Usually, the bedroom is overlooked and given close to no attention as compared to other rooms.
The bedroom needs not to be an afterthought after the end of a long project. In spite of the kitchen design not being given more consideration like the kitchen or bathroom, it’s vital for your interior designer to know what you desire. Upon deciding on what the bedroom should look like, there are key factors your designer will put into consideration. They include light and ventilation, views, outdoor access, circulation, and furniture placement.
Key Measurements to Focus on When Designing a Bedroom
- Your ultimate wish list: As what you would do for any other room, with the bedroom clarifying your wants and needs is vital. Your present behaviour should come first as it will shape your project throughout the design process. The compiled list can vary from the major moves such as incorporating an exterior door that will lead to the private courtyard. Taking photographs to display your ultimate needs will go a long way.
- Your priorities: The next step is to set your priorities right. It entirely depends on the type of budget you have, which should be communicated to the designer beforehand. Articulating and establishing your priorities will aid in having the same perception of the result.
- Your behaviour: People use their bedrooms differently and disclosing your habits will let the designer know what needs to be done. You can go further to ensure the bedroom creates a unique design that is beyond compare. If you share the room with another person, ensure help the designer know both of your tastes and how they can be maintained in the new pattern.
- Existing fixtures and furniture: Having an agreement on the size of the bed is necessary as it will assist to know how other fixtures can be added. The additions can include pendant lights, a mirror, an end-of-bed bench, a dresser, a makeup table, bedside lights, and rugs.
- Your style and mood: To finalize on the design steps, we consider the mood and style. Take a look at the photos you have collected and compared them to your wish list. You will likely discover that there is a common theme. Overall, consider the whole design of the house and in turn, you will have the room you always desired.
Let the bedroom stand out as it’ the place you take a rest after a long day.